2/2/12

NYC SEWER

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have taken over at Ozcomics this week and the work everyone's producing is insanely good! The Turtles bring out the best in everyone it would seem.

This first one is not what i entered... well not quite. I went with a simpler colour scheme for my final (which is further down), but I do like this full colour version the more i look at it.
Took me a while to figure out what i wanted to draw for this one, but once the manhole cover popped into my head the rest fell into place. Manhole covers have a great graphic look to them, good to draw and it adds that NYC flavour. I was originally drawing Leonardo but the perspective and grip on the sword was giving me too much trouble. The sai fit in there a lot better so i went with Raph 
(Donatello is my favourite, FYI).

Pencils & Inks:

And below is my actual entry for Ozcomics. I thought this was a much more striking colour scheme.
Now go and have a look at the rest of the entries! There's some amazing work.

No comments: